Expressing Your Ideas for a Professional Audience
Identify a problem or issue in your chosen career field.
Imagine you are now working in your dream job. You have, however, noticed a problem in the organization, business, or nonprofit you work for and want to use your problem-solving skills to help address the issue. Locate one source which addresses this problem and could be integrated into your professional memo to support your ideas.
Write a 3–4-paragraph memo to a decision maker within this organization, addressing the problem and the solution you propose. Integrate one source which addresses this problem and could be integrated into your professional memo to support your ideas.
Be sure to:
- Summarize the problem or issue.
- Integrate paraphrased information from a related source to support your ideas.
- Give credit to the author of the source.
- Identify how this issue or problem is relevant to your specific audience.
- Make a recommendation for what your audience should do with this information. For help with generating ideas for your Unit 9 Assignment, review the Unit 9 Assignment guidelines.
Find out how your instructor will grade your Unit 9 Assignment by reviewing the rubric.
Review a sample student Assignment.
Submitting your Unit 9 Assignment:
Remember that you must use Word for this and all projects submitted for this class. When you are ready to submit, select the unit Dropbox. To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.