Option 1: The Most Wanted Paintings on the Web
1. Research Vitaly Komar and Alexander Melamid‘s groundbreaking series, “People’s Choice,” from 1994
2. Review all related background information (“Introduction”) on the following website:
3. Pay special attention to the scope and goals of the projectview “The Paintings” and “Survey Results,”.
4. Read through the various “Letters to Komar & Melamid” (along the left, in red).
Write a three (3) paragraph minimum response addressing the following questions and post your statement to the Discussion Board on our Blackboard site; then reply to two classmate’s postings.
- What are your impressions of Komar & Melamid‘s “survey” and their findings?
- How does America’s taste differ from that of other countries? How are they similar?
- Do Komar & Melamid‘s findings align with your own tastes and preferences in art?
- Do you see any problems with their approach or methods?