Summative Assignment Final Project
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] [CLOs: 4, 5, 6]
The final project includes both a paper and a PowerPoint presentation.
The final paper is likely to be 8,050 to 9,800 words in length, depending on the amount of content the student has collected in the weekly papers. The final paper should cover the following:
- In this section, the student should provide a brief description of the organization, the “problem” with communication or productivity, and the proposed solution. The student should develop a strong thesis that tells the reader why the proposed solution is the best way to address the problem. This section is an overview of what’s to come in the rest of the paper. It should provide enough detail to prepare the reader for the general subject matter and use a thesis to focus the reader on the position the student is actually taking.
- The organization. Use material and feedback from Writing Assignment 1 to develop this section.
- The problem or issue. Use material and feedback from Writing Assignment 2 to develop this section.
- The proposed solution. Use material from Writing Assignments 2 and 3 to develop this section.
- Implementation plan. Use material from Writing Assignment 4 to develop this section.
- Use material from Writing Assignment 5 to develop this section.
- The student should synthesize what was presented in the previous sections and justify the project. Evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of the proposed solution. Predict the likely effects on the organization and the individual stakeholders. The student should use relevant research and theory to defend the position taken.
- Summarize the major points in the paper and reiterate the thesis: Tell the reader why the proposed solution is the best way to address the problem.
The final presentation will accompany the final paper, essentially building on the earlier work in Week 3. This presentation should go beyond the proposal and explain the implementation plan and policy. The final section of the presentation will summarize the points made in the discussion section of the final paper. Here, the student will justify the project. The last slide or slides should include an APA-formatted list of references used for the presentation. This slide is likely to be much shorter than the References page in the final paper.