In preparation for the Final Paper as well as having real-world applicability, this week’s assignment is a PowerPoint presentation that will provide you an opportunity to create a career skills inventory and associated gap analysis. Using the article The Challenge of Exceptional Communication as a guide, the goal for this assignment is to professionally present your current skills and identifiable gaps in existing skills to promote yourself as an ideal candidate for the career of your choice. The information derived from this assignment should accurately reflect your existing skills.
In your presentation,
- Describe the skills you possess that make you an ideal candidate for your chosen career.
- Identify any gaps in your existing skill set that an employer may require.
- Explain how you plan on honing these gaps in your existing skill set.
- Explain how you would effectively and persuasively communicate this gap in a manner that would still qualify you for your career choice.
The Making PowerPoint Slides: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Bad Slides PowerPoint is a good resource to use for tips and guidelines for creating an effective PowerPoint presentation.
The Skills Inventory and Gap Analysis presentation
- Must be five to six slides in length (not including title and references slides), formatted according to APA style , and include substantial speaker notes (no less than 100 words per slide).
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must utilize academic voice.
- Must use at least two scholarly or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style.
Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA style.