Throughout your education, you have been asked to research topics and write papers, engage in thought-provoking discussions, consider diverse perspectives, and a host of other challenges that have required you to use both your discipline-specific skills as well as your soft skills. These are called transferable skills, and are skills that you develop that can be transferred and applied within your chosen career. Transferable skills are highly valuable and essential for career success.
Throughout this course, you have been working on a project that allowed you to demonstrate your understanding of the transferable skills. It is now time to submit your project/assignment and add a transferable skills reflection.
To complete this assignment, you will need to do the following:
Part I: Compiling Your Exemplar Project
- Compile all of your completed course project assignment deliverables. Place them in the proper order, and save them in a single Microsoft Word document.
Part II: Transferable Skills Self Reflection
- In a minimum of 1 full page, using Microsoft Word, write an essay (full introduction and conclusion), which includes the following:
- Describe the knowledge, skills and/or attitudes regarding each of the transferable skills that you’ve gained as a result of completing this particular project/assignment.
- Discuss the ways that you are going to incorporate the transferable skills (the transferable skills that you showcased in your exemplary project) into your work within your chosen career field.
- Describe your future goals based on the transferable skills that you’ve chosen to showcase.
- Write your paper utilizing proper tone, spelling and grammar.
- Once you have completed your reflection assignment, add it to the end of the document you compiled in part I. The self-reflection should be the last few pages of your exemplar project. If done correctly, everything will be one document!
- Save the compiled document to a folder. Then, zip or compress the folder, and submit the zipped folder to the drop box.