Read through Case 3-3. Then, addresses the following:
- Summarize the case in one paragraph.
- Question #1 from the case: Develop a set of guidelines that the company could use to start evaluating the potential of a specific Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP), market segment for one of its products.
- Question #2 from the case: Argue either pro or con on one of the following:
- Is it exploitation for a company to profit from selling soaps, shampoo, personal computers, and ice cream, and so on, to people with little disposable income?
- Can making loans to customers whose income is less than $100 monthly at interest rates of 20 percent to purchase TVs, cell phones, and other consumer durables be justified?
- One authority argues that squeezing profits from people with little disposable income—and often not enough to eat—is not capitalist exploitation but rather that it stimulates economic growth.
- Describe the types of challenges a global marketer might face when using a bottom-of-the-pyramid strategy?
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages (approximately 600-900 words) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use APA style headings to organize paper, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.