For this assignment, you will conduct a job search and job posting deconstruction/qualifications worksheet. Please follow these steps:
1. Conduct a job search using the method/source of your choosing. This may be for a real job that you would like to apply to, your first ideal job after graduation, or your dream job in the near future. Make sure the job posting provides a detailed description.You are not required to actually apply to this job–this is just for the purposes of this assignment.
2. Once you have found the job posting that you would like to use for the assignment, use the Job Deconstruction/Qualifications worksheet provided here to breakdown the posting and your fit for the position based on your previous experiences.
3. Based on the job description and worksheet, write a 1-2, page, single-spaced, paper discussing the following topics:
- How/where did you find this job posting?
- Why did you select this posting for the assignment?
- How qualified do you feel you are for this position? Please explain.
- What major skills/experiences make you a good match for this job? OR if you are not a good match for this job, what new skills/experiences would you need to acquire?
- Assuming you were to apply for this position either now or in the future, how will you use the worksheet to help you develop your resume, cover letter, and interview preparation?
- How do you feel about this job after completing the worksheet compared to how you initially felt about the job posting?
4. Submit 3 items:
- your paper
- a copy of the job posting
- your worksheet
PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT THREE ITEMS!!