The most effective presentations are customized to the intended audience. Consider how the audience can influence the messaging for a presentation topic.
Select one topic and one audience from the following lists of potential topics and audiences.
- A recent event in the news or from your community
- A significant event in history
- A summary of a national law
- Another topic as approved by your instructor
- A group of elementary or school-aged children
- A group of recent high school graduates
- A group of elderly adults
- A group of your workplace superiors
- A group of visiting scholars from a foreign country
- Another group as approved by your instructor
Create an outline in preparation for your presentation, using the Informative Presentation Worksheet as a guide.