Describe the history, current status, and adoption implications of a Financial Accounting Standards Board ongoing project.
The FASB has several ongoing projects that involve the review of standards and which may result in updates and/or revisions of financial accounting standards. You should select an ongoing FASB project after visiting the Technical Plan and Project Updates sections of the FASB Web site.
Link to the project that you should be working on
In a five- to seven-page paper, you should describe the project, its history (briefly), and the project’s status. The final section of your paper should describe the implications of the project’s adoption. For example, a paper might discuss a project that would result in accelerating the recognition of certain expenses and require additional disclosures.
- Familiarize yourself with the project, including information on the history and background of the project and its status.
- Using resources at www.fasb.org (including free access to U.S. GAAP codification if you register at the Web site as explained), identify the relevant GAAP and current standards involved. Discuss the proposed change (i.e., what will be different?) and the reasons for the change.
- Using at least three different databases in the UMUC library, find at least five sources of information on this FASB project. As you conduct research, identify an actual case that may have provided the impetus for this proposed change, or that would have been influenced by the proposed change. At least two sources should be from scholarly or professional journals. Maintain a research log to document your research process. You will find a research log template (sample research tracker) posted in Course Content.
- Prepare an annotated bibliography. See Course Content for more information and a sample annotated bibliography.
- Identify stakeholders and the impact of the proposed change on each of the stakeholders (comment letters may provide good insight).
Write a five- to seven-page paper (APA format, single spaced, standard paper size, one-inch margins, and 12-pointfont) presenting the results of your work. Submit your paper, research log, and annotated bibliography.
Topic 326 Financial Instruments- Credit Losses. https://www.fasb.org/jsp/FASB/Document_C/DocumentPage?cid=1176172031887&acceptedDisclaimer=true.