Read: Tesla, Inc., McGraw Hill Education, by Frank Rothaemel, Rev. March 7, 2020, MH0067 (case)
Prepare a Managerial Report (*) structured as follows:
- Task 1-1: Structure and present your paper in the form of a Managerial Report, with a cover page, table of content, executive summary, main body, appendices. Expected length of Assignment 1: up to 6 pages APA format, excluding cover page, table of contents, and appendices
- Task 1-2: What is Tesla’s business model? How is Tesla’s business model different from traditional car manufacturers?
- Task 1-3: How was Tesla able to enter the automotive mass-market industry?
- Task 1-4: In which stage of industry life cycle is the electric vehicle industry? What core competences are the most important at this stage of the industry life cycle?
- Task 1-5: Evaluate Elon Musk’s “Master Plan, Part 2” and assess if Tesla can gain and sustain a competitive advantage.
(*) Instructions: How to Write a Managerial Report.