Create policies and procedures that manage risk, are legally compliant, and align to organizational strategy.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are the HR Director of a 3-star hotel chain that has locations throughout the United States. In a review of last year’s recruitment, selection, and hiring data, you realize that these HR practices have not resulted in the level of employee diversity desired by the CEO. Currently, there is no formal diversity and inclusion policy for the organization. Therefore, you propose that a new policy document be written and communicated to all employees, as well as be incorporated into all training programs for those involved in the recruitment and selection processes. The CEO agrees with your proposal.
Create a diversity and inclusion policy that:
- Details the policy objective and scope.
- Explains the difference between diversity and inclusion.
- Outlines initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion throughout the organization.
- Includes instructions for employees to follow if they feel they have been subjected to any treatment that is in violation of the policy and/or listed initiatives promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Provides attribution for credible sources used in the policy.