Week 5 Assignment: Microsoft Excel – Collecting & Organizing Data
- Due Sunday by 11:59pm
- Points 100
- Submitting a file upload
Now that you have made a proposal, we need to collect evidence! This week you will be researching and collecting data that shows why you believe it is important to pursue your proposal. Make sure to collect as much as information as possible so you can create meaningful charts next week. This week’s work will be the basis for next week’s assignment.
Below you will find the textbook reading for the week. Remember to complete your reading by Wednesday to be prepared for the week!
- Understanding Excel interface – Chapter 7
- Entering and editing data – Chapter 7
- Autofill – Chapter 7
- Cell management – Chapter 7
- Sheet management – Chapter 7
- Cell References – Chapter 8
- Basic Formulas – Chapter 8
- Insert Functions – Chapter 8
- Tables – Chapter 10
The following resources will be used to complete your assignment:
This week you will complete the first draft of your Excel spreadsheet. Follow the steps listed below to complete the first part of your data collection.
- Create a new Excel file and call it “YourName_COMP150_W5_Assignment”.
- Add two new sheets and name them as “Read Me” and “Main Data”.
- The “Read Me” sheet is the place where you will add your name and date. You will also explain the purpose of the document and the type of information you are providing. See the example below.
- Based on your research topic, you need to provide a large set of data that can be used for analysis during this week and next. Your data set must be at least 10 rows and 3 columns and no more than 50 rows or 10 columns. You can make this up or do research to find a data set. The data set must have numbers to help with the calculations in the next steps, so it is recommended to review the entire assignment before you create the data set.
- The table with the dataset must have a header that is merged and center.
- The data must be visible so make sure the columns and rows have enough spacing
- You are expected to have all of the following calculations
- A formula using a relative reference
- A formula using an absolute reference
- Use at least three different functions
- Ensure the different types of data have the right formatting. Here are some guidelines
- Dates should have “date” formatting
- Any currency should have two decimals
- Any text should be set up as “text” or “general”
- Feel free to be creative by adding images or another formatting, and complete the file. Make sure the file is named “YourName_COMP150_W5_Assignment” and submit the file.
This activity will be graded based on the Week 5 Assignment rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 4
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
Week 5 Assignment RubricWeek 5 Assignment RubricCriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome“Read Me” and “Main Data” sheets were created10.0 ptsProficient Sheets were added and renamed correctly5.0 ptsAverage Sheets were added but not renamed0.0 its topic is not relevant to the assignment10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeRead Me sheet is populated with name, date, and explanation10.0 ptsProficient Read Me Sheet was all information required and formatted as requested5.0 ptsAverage Read Me sheet has certain information and level or organization0.0 ptsNo Effort10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeData provided meets the 10 rows X 3 columns request and no more than 50 rows X 10 columns10.0 ptsProficient Data provided meets the minimum requirements5.0 ptsAverage Data was provided but it is not meeting the minimum requirements0.0 ptsNo Effort10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeTable has a merged header and centered10.0 ptsProficient Table has a header that is merged and centered5.0 ptsAverage Table has a header but it is not merged and centered0.0 ptsNo Effort10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAll data should be visible without any errors10.0 ptsProficient Data does not display any errors or symbols such as #######5.0 ptsAverage Some data is showing errors and symbols such as #####0.0 ptsNo Effort10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeThere is at least 1 relative reference formula5.0 ptsProficient At least one relative reference was created0.0 ptsNo Effort5.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeThere is at least 1 absolute reference formula5.0 ptsProficient At least one absolute reference was created0.0 ptsNo Effort5.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeImplements at least three different functions20.0 ptsProficient There are at least three different functions correctly implemented10.0 ptsAverage There are at least 2 functions working correctly0.0 ptsNo Effort20.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeFormatting is correctly applied to dates, text, and currency10.0 ptsProficient Formatting is correctly applied to all types of data.5.0 ptsAverage Formatting is not correctly applied to certain types of data.0.0 ptsNo Effort10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDocument is organized with a title and headers as needed5.0 ptsProficient Document has all required titles and headers, has correct grammar and spelling, and it is well organized2.5 ptsAverage Document has some of the required titles and headers or has some incorrect grammar and spelling, and it is not well organized0.0 ptsNo Effort5.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDocument is named as “YourName_COMP150_W5_Assignment”5.0 ptsProficient The document was renamed including the student’s name, course, and week0.0 ptsNo Effort5.0 pts
Total Points: 100.0PreviousNext
Number Formatting – Chapter 1 of Book III Excel 2016
‘Beena Shaji’_COMP 150_W5_Assignment
Purpose-To research how effective is the medication Verzenio in the treatment of Breast Cancer.
Verzenio is a prescription medicine used to treat a type of breast cancer. It is a medicine you can take if:
- You have a type of breast cancer called HR+/HER2– (hormone receptor-positive/human epidermal growth factor receptor 2–negative) and cancer has spread to other parts of the body (metastasized)
- Verzenio is given along with an aromatase inhibitor as initial endocrine-based therapy for the treatment of postmenopausal women, along with fulvestrant in women whose disease has progressed after hormonal therapy, or by itself in adults whose disease has progressed after hormone therapy and prior chemotherapy
It is not known if Verzenio is safe and effective in children.
Cancer Treatment Data-
Verzenio is an effective medication in treating breast cancer and helping people with metastatic breast cancer that’s HR-positive and HER2-negative to live longer.
Clinical trials of Verzenio looked at the progression-free survival rate. This is the amount of time that a person goes without their condition getting any worse. On average, people who took both Verzenio and fulvestrant went 16.4 months without progression. In comparison, people who took a placebo (treatment with no active drug) along with fulvestrant had a progression-free survival rate of 9.3 months.
treatment of breast Cancer