By this point in the course you should have acquired an understanding of the sociological bases of deviant behavior. The paper gives you an opportunity to demonstrate this understanding. Please keep in mind that this assignment is intended to allow you to demonstrate your knowledge of course material.
- Due Saturday by 11:55 pm
- Points 10
- Submitting a file upload
- APA style formatting is required. The body of the paper must include citations according to the APA style format, and these sources should be included in your reference page. Every assignment should contain at least two references.
By submitting this assignment, students will be able to apply one or more of the theoretical perspectives on deviance to one of the following topics:
Deviance in the military
1) Describe why the behavior is considered deviant.
2) How do these deviants view their own behavior? For example, do they regard their deviance as a one-time aberration or see it as a deviant career? Justify your answer.
3) In your view, what impacts (both positive and negative) does the deviant
behavior have on society?
4) In what ways has society responded or reacted to the deviance?
5) Provide an analysis of the deviant behavior from the perspective of ONE OR MORE of the sociological theories on deviance set out in the text and discussed in lectures.
Assignment Rubric (2)Assignment Rubric (2)CriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssignment Component3.0 ptsThe paper is content rich, all questions have been answered, and analysis is evident.2.0 ptsThe paper is effective in supporting the student’s argument, but it minimally responds to the assignment.0.0 ptsAssignment component has not yet been included3.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWriting Component3.0 ptsThe paper contains correct grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.2.0 ptsThe paper follows all formatting guidelines, including page-length and APA formatting requirements.0.0 ptsWriting Component has not yet been included3.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeResearch Component4.0 ptsThe student uses at least two quality resources outside of the textbook to support her/his argument. No errors in APA style. Scholarly style. All references and citations are correctly written and match.3.0 ptsThe student provides supporting evidence for her/his argument. Errors in APA style are noticeable. One or more reference or citations missing or incorrectly written.0.0 ptsResearch Component has not yet been included. Errors in APA style detract substantially from the paper. Reference and citation errors detract significantly from paper.4.0 pts
Total Points: 10.0Previous