WATCH THE TED TALK BELOW
BY METROPOLITAN MUSEUM DIRECTOR Thomas P. Campbell
Warning There is profanity used by Campbell in the first minute of the talk. He is quoting his college professor
After going through the Week Two Module Materials: Watch as the director of the Metropolitan Museum of art describes the role and intentions of the Met Museum
- Campbell quotes one of his early professors stating that “all art was once contemporary” What does he mean by this statement and how is it relevant to our study?
- What four questions does he suggest that we ask when viewing works of art?
- Link (Links to an external site.) Select this link to take you to the Metropolitan Museum’s Art at Home page. Choose one of the three ways to experience art today at the Met today. Briefly, What/Who did you discover? Were you able to apply the four questions suggested by Thomas Campbell in his talk?
YOUR POST WILL BE GRADED USING THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Does your post respond accurately to the prompt request?
- Does your post respond thoroughly, using examples from the talk to support your statements?
- Does your post communicate clearly using complete sentences and organized thoughts?